Purchase your Lotto tickets online right here.
Ever imagined how you’d spend a million dollar prize? Now’s your chance to do something about it and have loads of fun in the process. Monday and Wednesday Lotto are two very similar lotto games that lets you win a top prize of at least AUD1 million, which increases if not claimed. If you want to play Monday and/or Wednesday Lotto, here are the details you need to know:
When Can I Play Monday and Wednesday Lotto?
As its name suggests, Monday Lotto is played every Monday, while Wednesday Lotto happens every Wednesday. The draw’s close time depends on the state lottery. For instance:
- For NSW Lotteries, the close time for both games is at 7:30pm.
- For Tattersalls, the close time for both games is 7:30pm as well. The latest results are generally available by 9:00pm (AEST) on the evening of the draw.
- For Lotterywest, the close time for both games is at 5:00pm.
- For SA Lotteries, the close time for both games (named ‘X lotto’) is at 7:00pm.
As for your draw’s schedule, check your lottery ticket to see when your game is drawn.
How to Play Monday and Wednesday Lotto
1. Buy a ticket.
- Note: Prices vary, depending on state lottery.
2. You can then either choose your own numbers or ask the retailer/website for randomly generated ones.
3. There are three ways to play:
- A standard game is played by choosing six regular numbers and two “supplementary” numbers from a selection numbered 1 to 45. Eight will be randomly selected by the lottery company. If your numbers match the ones selected by the lottery company, you win the game.
- You can also play multi-week entries for other days of the week, using the same numbers for several weeks at a time.
- There is also a “systems entry”, which lets you choose more numbers per game to increase your chances of winning.
How Can I Check Results?
Just visit your state lottery’s website. The latest and historical results are published there.
How Can I Win in Monday and Wednesday Lotto?
Here are the divisions for both games:
|Division||Winning numbers required||Odds in 18 games|
|1||All 6 winning numbers||452,503:1|
|2||5 winning numbers plus either of the 2 supplementary numbers||37,709:1|
|3||5 winning numbers||2,038:1|
|4||4 winning numbers||41:1|
|5||3 winning numbers plus either of the 2 supplementary numbers||17:1|
|6||1 or 2 winning numbers plus 2 supplementary numbers||8:1|